Dental Nurse Apprenticeship
Marian Square Dental Practice
The dental nurse works within the dental team to provide oral health care for patients. As a dental nurse, you will come into close contact with patients of all ages, so good communication and a friendly manner are essential.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse, you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care. You will need to remain calm under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
You daily activities could include:
- Assisting the dentist with providing treatments to patients
- Patient care
- Setting up and cleaning surgery
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Adhering to practice policies and procedures
During your apprenticeship, you will develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment, from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
Working hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
37.5 hour per week
14 Jan 2022
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable. If you do not have these grades, you will be required to complete Functional Skills
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Prides themselves with a common sense, ‘can do approach’
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Reliable approach and have a passion to start a career as a dental nurse
Possibility of ongoing employment and further development following completion of the dental nursing qualification.
About the employer
Marian Square Dental has been providing NHS Dentistry in Bootle for over two decades. Our caring team look forward to welcoming you to our practice to see how we can help make you smile. We provide comprehensive NHS care for all our patients. Many patients benefit from exemptions from NHS charges, meaning the dentistry provided is free of charge.
Marian Square Dental Practice
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- On the job training
Training frameworkDental nurse (integrated)
ASPIRATION TRAINING LIMITED
To apply for this vacancy, please click 'Apply now' and you will be redirected to the Aspiration Training Limited website where you will be required to submit an application. If this is your first visit to Aspiration Training Limited, you will be required to register on the website, please complete all fields upon registration and ensure you attach a copy of your CV.
Application closing date: 10 Feb 2022