AAT Apprentice Finance Assistant
Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a Level 3 apprenticeship with PSS (UK) and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the AAT qualification.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Duties will include:
Sales Ledger Receipts
- Assist with the day-to-day processing of sales receipts, including allocation against relevant invoices
Nominal Cash Book Processing
- Assist with the processing of donations made to the organisation
- Assist with the processing of other non-sales income received via bank transfer, cheque and cash
Various Finance Duties
- To check, verify and process finance forms, claims and invoices
- To maintain various information required by the finance team and deal with accounts queries
- To provide financial information to other members of the finance team and to the Financial Accountant in a timely manner
- To assist with the inputting and processing of staff and volunteer expense claims
- To attend team meetings and other appropriate meetings, as required
- To occasionally provide cover for other team members during periods of absence or leave
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00.
37 hour per week
29 Nov 2021
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good organisational & administrative skills
- Computer literacy & knowledge of relevant software including Microsoft Office packages e.g., Excel, and Outlook
GCSEs at grades A/7 or above (or equivalent) preferably in maths, ICT, and Business (or comparable).
- A pro-active and self-motivated approach
- Self-belief and drive with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexibility, ability to implement change and develop practice in response to emerging needs
- Able to perform effectively in a team or independently
- Commitment to and demonstration of PSS’s values and their application to the delivery of quality services
- Numeracy & accuracy
- Ability to work on individual tasks unsupervised and manage time effectively
Potential opportunity for a permanent position in the Finance Team.
About the employer
At PSS, we’ve got an important job to do; and that’s to help people make the most of their lives – whatever life throws at them. Whether you’re working directly with the people who use our services, or behind the scenes in one of our offices, every day you’ll be helping to make other people feel happier, healthier and more supported.
We’re a social enterprise or, as we like to call it – a ‘business with a heart’. This means that all the money we make goes back into finding new ways to support people. We’ve got offices across Merseyside, Wales, Manchester, Lincolnshire, the Midlands and Norfolk and Suffolk, where we’re making our stamp.
Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Advanced Diploma - AAT Level 3
Advanced builds on the knowledge gained in the Foundation level. If you work in accounts or have studied accountancy before, you may be able to start at this level. You’ll learn complex accounting techniques and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
This level will encourage you to master more complex accounting principles in both Bookkeeping and Management Accounting. You’ll develop the technical skills to start, or progress, your career in accountancy and this will allow you to continue with your studies onto Level 4.
To pass this level you’ll need to study five units (also known as subjects), which are all mandatory. Four of the units are examined individually and there is also a synoptic assessment that you’ll take towards the end of the level, which incorporates the final two units as well as drawing on all of the other units you’ve studied at this level.
The area you will cover include:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Advanced Synoptic Assessment
The Apprenticeship standard details the essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be a successful Assistant Accountant, this includes, Business Awareness, Ethics, Communication, Embracing Change and Problem Solving. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take End-Point Assessment (EPA).
The Knowledge areas of the standard will typically be covered through completion of the AAT qualification. Skills and Behaviours are developed through workshops, e-learning, workplace training and practical experience provided ‘on-the-job’.
Training frameworkAssistant accountant