Indigo Hair Colour Specialist
Indigo Colour Specialists based in Prescot are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking apprentice to join the company and develop a career in hairdressing. The apprentice will learn all aspects of hairdressing and will develop excellent customer service skills which are essential to this sector. Full training will be provided.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
This role requires you to work as a team and support the Salon Manager in ensuring that the standards of the Company are met in the hairdressing Salon on a day-to-day basis. This Apprenticeship covers all the basics of hairdressing. As a Hairdressing apprentice, you’ll be assisting senior staff while training as a junior stylist.
Duties are likely to include at the beginning taking bookings, shampooing, conditioning and some cleaning duties. As your apprenticeship progresses further duties will be added such as drying and styling hair and mixing and applying hair colouring. You’ll study hairdressing topics such as hair and skin testing, the effects of chemicals on hair and skin, and the principles of hair colour selection
On this Apprenticeship you’ll spend a lot of time on your feet, and it’s important that you look smart. Good communication plays a role, too – you’ll need to understand exactly what your customer wants in order to make them happy.
- To ensure that all treatments are carried out professionally and accurately at all times
- To demonstrate a high level of confidence and competence in all services
- To undertake any necessary training to improve salon standards and skills
- To maintain high quality treatment, in keeping with the clients’ wishes
- To be organised with your day-to-day duties, including checking the appointment book regularly
- To ensure that all areas are kept clean and tidy, creating a safe environment for you and your clients
- To keep all electrical appliances in good working order, ensuring that any faults are reported
- To maintain and update record cards to assist when dealing with customer complaints, marketing, confidentiality and to aid other Stylists and staff with client history
- To achieve a realistic target of takings by ensuring maximum use is gained from the appointment system and ensuring the Salon ran adequately at all times
- To cover the reception area, when required, assisting with telephone calls, bookings and face-to-face clients
- To be friendly and approachable towards clients and colleagues at all times
- To take an active part in increasing clientele on a regular basis
- To promote the salon and have a good knowledge of any specialised treatments/services and products available
- To ensure that all services and products are charged for at the correct price, in accordance with the price list
Will work between the hours below (various shifts) Monday (College day) Tuesday 9am – 3pm Wednesday – 9am – 3pm Thursday 9am - 7pm Friday 9am – 7pm Saturday 9am – 5pm
37.5 hour per week
20 Oct 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s Grade D (3) or above including maths and English.
- Positive and friendly personality
- Can stay calm under pressure
There is scope to progress within the company and become a fully qualified hairdresser if showing the right attitude and willingness.
About the employer
Indigo Colour Specialists are a small reputable unisex salon based in Prescot with over 19 years experience, offering all aspects of hair treatments
Indigo Hair Colour Specialist
Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard.
Training to take place at Riverside College (Kingsway site) every Monday during term time.
Functional Skills level 1 in maths and english to be completed if do not have relevant GCSE grades.
Training frameworkHair professional