Optical Assistant Apprenticeship - LIVERPOOL, RICE LANE SPECSAVERS
Total hours per week
Possible start date
At Specsavers, we’re always looking to the future. Which is where people like you come in. Our apprenticeship scheme gives you the chance to really set yourself up for a great career in a fantastic company and earn a full-time wage at the same time.
We say company, but when you join us, you’ll actually become part of a family.
This apprenticeship opportunity will give you the chance to spend 10-12 months building the skills and confidence that come with training in a paid full-time job, all the time surrounded by a friendly, highly experienced team who will support you every step of the way. The apprenticeship duration is 13 months to allow time to apply and check your skills, knowledge and behaviour.
- Earn a salary whilst learning new skills
- Structured career opportunities for the future
- Get experience of full-time work and enjoy paid holidays
- Work for a friendly employer who values you
- Receive comprehensive and structured training
- Learn transferable as well as job-specific skills
And that’s just the start. With a highly respected and award-winning business behind you - one that invests in its people - there’s nothing to stop you getting on here. Who knows, you might even end up running your own store in years to come.
Day-to-day, you’ll help us out:
- By giving customers top-notch advice (as well as a warm welcome to the store)
- Booking in eye tests
- Pre-screening patients and measuring frames
- You’ll also make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible by looking out for any little problems that crop up
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning and off the job learning that will lead to you becoming a fully qualified Optical Assistant. But we’re just as happy to learn from you too, so a mind full of ideas will come in useful and could make a real difference to how we do things right across the business.
Days and hours to be confirmed, will include weekend work.
37.5 hour per week
13 Sep 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
First up, you’ll need GCSEs at grades A*-D/9-3 (or equivalent/predicted) in both English Language and maths.
- A willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm to deliver the great customer service our Specsavers visitors love
At the end of your apprenticeship, you'll be a fully-fledged Optical Assistant with a massive range of career options ahead of you.
About the employer
Specsavers is a truly talented organisation and the world's largest optical retailer. We have over 1,750 stores operating in over 10 countries, boasting over 17,000 staff worldwide and over 2,000 support staff globally. We are a revolutionary, dynamic, family run business, continuing to go from strength to strength and proud of it.
Level 2 Optical Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Specsavers will be providing the training.
Training frameworkOptical assistant
SPECSAVERS OPTICAL SUPERSTORES LIMITED
To find out if there are any Optical Assistant Apprenticeship vacancies in your area or to find out more information, please search the Specsavers Career Site http://jobs.specsavers.co.uk/search-for-jobs/
Application closing date: 18 Oct 2021