EL CAMPEON LTD
The role will consist of working well as a team with the support of other members of the team. You will learn how to prepare ingredients in advance and be working to cook creative dishes. Flexibility is a must within the role to help in other roles.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
- With close mentoring support, to develop skills and experience through practical work and formal study to qualify as a chef
- Preparing ingredients in advance of food service, to the prescribed consistent quality, specification and in the correct quantities to meet the demands of events
- Working at speed to cook creative dishes to the highest standards and consistency, with efficiently and minimising errors and wastage
- Effective communication with the Front of House team in relation to service and assisting with customer queries and special requests (including dietary requirements and allergens)
- Efficiently clear down the kitchen areas post food service, to the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensuring food is stored and rotated effectively and identify potential wastage or shortage of stock
- Work to the highest standards of Health and Safety, ensuing a safe working environment at all times, instilling this in colleagues and identifying and eliminating hazards
- Learn the menu
10.00am - 2.00pm OR 2.00pm - 11.00pm (Shift work and weekend work)
30 hour per week
08 Apr 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- A hard-working flexible team player with a great work ethic
- Good level of communication skills both written and verbal
- A real passion for food and cooking and a desire to progress a chef career
- Some experience with food will be a great advantage, not essential as full training is provided.
- The ability to work independently and be a team player
Grade 3 in Maths and English (or the equivalent).
- Personal Hygiene
- Has a can-do attitude
- Is friendly, trustworthy
- Passionate for food service and is energetic
More training available on advance courses.
Full time employment.
About the employer
We are a Mexican themed Restaurant based in Wigan, which opened in 2019. We have since opened up a new restaurant and are continuing to expand. We pride ourselves in freshly cooked food. We are a close company and all work well as a team, you will be working with very experienced team members. Everything about the restaurant is big and unique, and very modern, we have a great following on Instagram. Please check it out (Chaposelcampeon) You will have the opportunity to grow within this company including having the chance to do advance courses.
EL CAMPEON LTD
Training frameworkProduction Chef
WIGAN AND LEIGH COLLEGE