Farmfoods Retail Supervisor Apprenticeship
Apprentice Supervisors - a junior member of management, you are responsible for the efficiency of your shop and you’ll do a bit of everything. From serving customers on the till, to keeping shelves and freezers full, to organising other team members, you are a friendly person who is looking to take that next step towards a retail management role.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Apprentice Supervisors are hard-working and friendly people. As a junior member of management, you are responsible for the efficiency of your shop and you’ll do a bit of everything. From serving customers on the till, to keeping shelves and freezers full, to organising other team members, you are a friendly person who is looking to take that next step towards a retail management role.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To be trustworthy and reliable as you will be an important part of a small team
- Promote a positive impression of yourself and Farmfoods to the customer
- To work quickly and make every minute of your shift productive
- To be friendly and helpful when supporting customers with their shopping
- To replenish stock, ensuring compliance to Farmfoods quality standards and food hygiene standards
- To engage with all training and work hard to build knowledge, experience, and drive your own development
- To be a team player, to motivate yourself and others around you
- Open and close the shop, handle cash, place orders and support your manager in developing other team members
- Be an important part of the management team and support your manager in leading the team to run an efficient shop and provide a great service to our customers
- Work to minimise waste and promote health and safety at all times
5 days out of 7 with various shift patterns including early mornings, evenings, and weekends. Days and shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 35.00
35 hour per week
07 Apr 2021
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate will have excellent 'people' skills
- Good communication skills
- Be able to build strong working relationships with your colleagues and customers
Grades aren't everything! We are looking for people who are driven and keen to succeed in a junior management role.
The ability to take responsibility for your working day, pushing both yourself and your team to succeed and smile every step of the way
There are lots of career opportunities at Farmfoods and we love developing our people.
We encourage internal promotion and only promote to Shop Manager roles from within. Once bitten by the retail bug, candidates who show real drive and enthusiasm will be on course for an Assistant Manager role and could find themselves building a long career with us!
About the employer
Farmfoods, a Scottish family business, has served Great Britain for over 60 years. From a butcher shop in Aberdeen we have grown to more than 300 stores and four distribution centres nationwide. We work hard to bring you the best value on the food your family enjoys and on the household essentials your family needs.
Wavertree Retail Park
Level 3 Retail Team Leader apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- 20% off the job training
Training frameworkRetail team leader