Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
ADDVANCED SOLUTIONS COMMUNITY NETWORK CIC
Working in a busy, vibrant business centre with a dedicated team supporting the community within a consultancy & training environment, offering learning coaching & mentoring programmes. Liaising across the team, a responsible point of contact, supporting data entry input, registrations, contribute to the team & the ethos of the company.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Job Title: Apprentice Administrative Assistant.
Responsible to:Administrative Co-ordinator (and Director, Quality and Standards).
ADDvanced Solutions Community Network aims to engage, encourage, educate, equip, enable and empower families living with neurodevelopmental conditions to access an ordinary life through the development, delivery and evaluation of an open access, community based, pre during and post diagnosis offer of learning, coaching and mentoring programmes and health, wellbeing and enrichment activities.
This job is central to the whole organisation supporting the administration of all delivery and activities and contact with the full range of stakeholders including children and young people, parents/carers, supporting professionals and organisations.
Whilst the job is office based (currently based in Speke), the job holder will support the whole team working across communities and geographical areas and as such, there may be a requirement to travel with some evening and weekend working. (Team are currently working remotely (homeworking) in line with government guidance.)
As a member of the ADDvanced Solutions Community Network, the job holder must:
- Work within and promote the values of ADDvanced Solutions Community Network
- Promote the inclusion and participation of families living with neurodevelopmental conditions and work collaboratively with all team members, those who access ADDvanced Solutions Community Network and the full range of stakeholders in the design, delivery and development of ADDvanced Solutions Community Network’s offer to meet the needs of families living with neurodevelopmental conditions
- Work within the organisations full range of policies, procedures and standards with particular reference to Safeguarding and Information Governance standards
- Be responsible for keeping up to date with current research and information around Neurodevelopmental conditions and be willing to undertake training and access development opportunities to enhance skills and practice
- Work within a performance management framework and aspire towards objectives and targets set out in personal performance and development plans
- Work within a quality management framework including using the full range of monitoring and evaluation tools; constantly striving to enhance and improve services delivered by ADDvanced Solutions Community Network
- Contribute to the development of ADDvanced Solutions Community Network including contributing to team meetings, planning days and the development of organisation and team plans
- Support and help develop other members of the ADDvanced Solutions Community Network’s team including Community Network Champions and volunteers
- Prioritise and manage work in line with guidance from Administrative Co-ordinator and Director, Quality and Standards and complete work to the highest standards in the time scales agreed
- Develop ADDvanced Solutions Community Network’s commitment to equal opportunities and promote non discriminatory practice in all aspects of the work undertaken; constantly striving to create an inclusive, positive experience for all participants, promoting active participation
- Contribute to the smooth running of the office including general day to day office tasks including providing office cover as required
- Promote the inclusion and participation of all stakeholders in the design, delivery and development of ADDvanced Solutions Community Network’s offer to meet the needs of families living with neurodevelopmental conditions
- Work within the organisations full range of policies, procedures and standards with particular reference to Safeguarding and Information Governance standards and EDI
- Develop ADDvanced Solutions Community Network’s commitment to equal opportunities and promote non-discriminatory practice in all aspects of the work undertaken; constantly striving to create an inclusive, positive experience for all stakeholder, promoting active participation
To provide a high quality office administration service working with the whole team to ensure the smooth running of the organisation:
- Warm, welcoming, timely and accurate provision of information to all those who access or come into contact with ADDvanced Solutions Community Network via telephone, email, post, face to face, via the website and social media
- Maintaining diaries and planners
- Participant liaison, maintaining registers and records
- Keeping facilitators informed and up to date about attendance and participant needs
- preparation of promotional materials including leaflets, newsletters, reports using a range of tools
- Preparation of resource packs ensuring facilitators have the resources they need, when they need them for each activity
- Printing, photocopying, making up folders, maintaining stocks including stationery and filing
- To ensure data is collected, recorded, maintained and reported accurately and in a timely manner using manual and computerised systems to meet organisational and funder requirements
- Supporting Information Governance Lead to ensure organisation is robust working to IG quality standards including supporting the completion and review of NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit
- Support the development of the organisation’s marketing and promotional activities
- Maintain the ADDvanced Solutions Community Network database ensuring that information is recorded accurately and a timely manner, including client management system
- Assist facilitators with the timely and accurate recording of evaluation data using manual and computerised systems
- To support the ongoing development of the team including volunteers and Community Network Champions
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
ADDvanced Solutions Community Network recognises this as an opportunity to support the Apprentice to gain and develop:
- Recognised office administration qualifications or a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate experience and ability in this work
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) offering a welcoming, friendly, polite, professional and positive experience to all who access and come into contact with ADDvanced Solutions Community Network.
- Skills and experience using the full MS Office suite, ideally Office 365 (including outlook, word, excel, publisher and powerpoint) with supporting qualifications or evidence of competence
- Skills and ability to record/input accurately and produce high quality information and reports to meet organisational and commissioner requirements. Preferably, skilled and experienced using IT systems such as client relationship management systems/databases
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills; able to work both independently and closely with the rest of the team with a resourceful, and confidential approach
- A working knowledge of the wide range of services and agencies accessible to families living with neurodevelopmental conditions to support effective signposting. For example, education, CAMHS, health and social care, children’s centres etc.
- A good working knowledge of safeguarding and either possesses up to date safeguarding training accreditation or achieves accredited safeguarding training within agreed timescales.
- A good working knowledge of information governance and either possesses up to date information governance training accreditation or achieves within agreed timescales
- The job holder must be aware of the restraints placed on the ADDvanced Solutions Community Network and use resources responsibly
- Due to the nature of the work, the job holder must apply judgement and sensitivity when dealing with personal data adhering to ADDvanced Solutions Community Network’s Information Governance policies, procedures and standards
- The role is clearly defined but within it the content and style of individual learning programmes and activities may vary considerably. The job holder needs to be flexible and able to draw on own experience to respond and adapt to different people/situations, knowing when it may be necessary to ask for help
- ADDvanced Solutions Community Network is a developing and dynamic organisation. Therefore, the job holder must be able to work creatively and constantly strive to find better ways of working for the benefit of the organisation and all those who access or come into contact with ADDvanced Solutions Community Network
As an entry level into this role, the job holder must demonstrate willingness and ability to learn and develop new skills and competencies as an Administrative Apprentice. Therefore, as an entry level, the Apprentice must possess strong IT skills and an interest in business/organisation development processes. It is desirable that the Apprentice possesses:
- Genuine insight, knowledge and understanding of neurodevelopmental conditions and how neurodevelopmental conditions impact on family life and education
- Genuine understanding of the needs of, and challenges faced by, families living with neurodevelopmental conditions particularly around inclusion and participatio
This job is subject to Enhanced DBS clearance.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
35 hour per week
11 Jan 2021
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- IT Compentent
- Confident nature
- Team player
GSCE Standard A-C/8-4 or equivalent, lower grades are considered on application.
- Strong work ethic
- Keen learner
- Supportive of others
- Friendly nature
- Excellent training internally
- Ccareer progression
About the employer
ADDvanced Solutions is the North West's leading provider of accredited/non-accredited, learning, coaching and mentoring programmes specialising in neurodevelopmental conditions and learning difficulties for professionals working with families living with these conditions. We also develop and deliver person-centred consultancy services
ADDvanced Solutions Community Network encourages, equips and empowers children, young people and their families living with neurodevelopmental conditions, learning difficulties and associated mental health needs. Our engaging, community-based, learning, coaching and mentoring programmes will help you and your family to better recognise, understand and meet your individual needs, enabling you to manage the day to day challenges.
ADDVANCED SOLUTIONS COMMUNITY NETWORK CIC
Business First Centre
23 Goodlass Road
Business Administrtor Standard Level 3.
Training frameworkBusiness Administrator
Northwest Education and Training Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northwest Education and Training Ltd