Cpl Learning Ltd
Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a Level 2 apprenticeship with CPL Training/Learning and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the AAT qualification.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Your role will be responsible for assisting and providing financial support to the Management Accountant, Financial Controller and Head of Finance and Commercial Operations. To carry out day to day accounting responsibilities and to ensure the smooth running of the accounts payable and banking functions including credit control duties. The Trainee Accountant will be working towards becoming an AAT qualified accountant, will have a strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems, pick up on mistakes quickly and reach a resolution. Must be able to communicate effectively with Customer accounts departments and with colleagues across the CPL business.
Role and Responsibilities:
Within your role you will be responsible for:
- Purchase Ledger duties
- Preparing the weekly payment run
- Posting Credit Card payments and reconciliations
- Processing payments; mainly to councils for Personal Licence Applications
- Processing Expense Claims
- Keeping banking up to date including reconciling on a weekly basis
- Managing PayPal, importing payments and reconciliations
- Debtors reporting and collection
37.5 hour per week
08 Jan 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with IT including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Good problem-solving skills
- 5 GCSE's or equivalents at A-C (7-4) Including maths & English (6) B or above Preferred
- Experience working within an office environment is essential
- Works well under pressure
- Desire to pursue accountancy as a long-term carer
- Team player
- Good attention to detail
- AAT Study support to become an AAT qualified accountant
- A clear progression structure within the team with internal promotions looked at first
About the employer
CPL training Group incorporates both CPL Training and CPL Online. Focuses on hospitality training, providing face to face training and online e-learning. This is a fast paced organisation approaching a £10m turnover.
Cpl Learning Ltd
110 Canning Street
Foundation Certificate - AAT Level 2
Foundation covers the basic principles of accountancy, and is your starting point if you’ve never studied accountancy before. You’ll learn the basic principles of accountancy, such as double-entry bookkeeping, costing and preparing financial statements, as well as how to use accountancy software.
This level is ideal if you’re new to accountancy and finance, have previously worked in an accounts department, or are looking to change your career into accountancy.
To pass this level, you'll be examined on five units (also known as subjects), of which one includes the synoptic assessment. This tests the knowledge you have gained throughout the level, covering multiple (but not all) units. All assessments are computer-based exams (CBE).
The area you will cover include:
- Bookkeeping transactions
- Bookkeeping controls
- Elements of costing
- Using accounting software
- Foundation Synoptic Assessment
The Apprenticeship standard details the essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be a successful Accounts/Finance Assistant, this includes, General Business, Ethical Standards, Communication, Attention to Detail and Professionalism. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take End Point Assessment.
The Knowledge areas of the standard will be covered through completion of the AAT qualification. Skills and Behaviours are developed through workshops, e-learning, workplace training and practical experience provided ‘on-the-job’.
Training frameworkAccounts / Finance Assistant
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kaplan