Software Developer Apprenticeship
You will be based in our North Liverpool offices close to the M57/M58. Working for an Application Services manager, you will join a team of around 30 people managed in smaller groups of up to 9. The teams here are all multi-skilled, multi-functional and flexible in approaches to development and support.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Development on the .net framework and/or on Microsoft D365 and SAP Success Factor platforms
- Database administrator, responsible for design, creation, support of SQL databases and the BI products
- Training will be given in the Microsoft Power Platform for use once the Microsoft D365 project goes live
- Involvement in support and development of all aspects of Microsoft D365 and SAP Success Factors
- This role is multi-skilled/multi-functional and the candidates will find themselves involved in all aspects of It development and support
- Analysis and functional design skills will also be developed as the candidates progress
Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:00; may be required to participate in an on call rota as skills develop
37.5 hour per week
16 Dec 2020
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage (training also provided)
- Enthusiastic team players
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge of IT processes and methods
- Any well rounded IT skills could be an advantage
- Confident and assured person
Minimum of GCSE Grade A-C/8-4 or equivalent in English and maths.
There is the potential to be offered a position within the business upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
About the employer
ABF is a multi-national company employing over 133,000 employees in 50 countries.
Operates in 5 key areas: Sugar, Agriculture, Retail, Ingredients and Grocery.
Grocery Service Centre, based out of Liverpool works in the Grocery Sector of ABF and provides a shared service transactional environment across Finance and IS for those UK based Grocery companies
Dunnings Bridge Road
Software Developer - Level 4.
Standard – https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/software-developer/
Assessment Plan - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/media/1053/software_developer.pdf
The SD4 is a two-year course and teaches learners to build and test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers, interpreting design documentation and specifications. Software Developer delivery is based around face to face visits, webinars, online learning including video resource and online knowledge exams.
Visits take place every 4-6 weeks and last for a few hours and at least every other visit would need some time with a line manager for a review. All learning is uploaded to, and tracked through, our eLearning platform OneFile so we have a live view of off the job training and learner progress.
Skills taught include:
- Write good quality code
- Develop effective user interfaces
- Link code to databases
- Test code and analyse results
- Solve problems
- Create data models and software designs
- Operate at all stages of the development cycle
- Follow specifications
- Apply good practice
And knowledge covered includes:
- Software development lifecycle
- Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Design approaches and patterns
- Security and maintainability
- Algorithms, logic and data structures
There are two main knowledge modules in the course and one vendor qualification.
- Weeks 4-20 - MTA Software Development Fundamentals
- Weeks 20-40 - Software Development Methodologies
- Weeks 40-60 - Diploma is Software Language
Once these exams have been successfully completed, we then start to focus more on the learner’s portfolio to show evidence of all knowledge, skills and behaviours and how they have been used in their role.
In preparation for gateway, we would put all learners through at least one mock synoptic project and one mock interview to ensure learner is ready for EPA. We would usually aim for Gateway to take place after around 90 weeks. Everything is tailored to the business needs and we like to agree an amended scheme of work at the start of delivery.
Training frameworkSoftware developer
GINGER NUT MEDIA LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Ginger Nut Training