Driver Apprentice (Plant and Tools)
Our Apprentices are the future of our business. As an Apprentice on our 21-month apprenticeship programme you will learn all of the skills to become a top Driver with a fantastic range of future career options ahead of you.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
On a day‐day basis you’ll work from one of our Service Centres learning how to:
- Drive safely and efficiently (SAFED) on public and private roads
- Proficiently control the vehicle
- Use relevant equipment and machinery safely and efficiently to ensure the safe handling of customer goods
- Comply with relevant systems and processes
- Prepare the vehicle and the load for deliveries
- Effectively plan the most economical route to be used
- Use basic IT systems appropriately and in line with organisational requirements
Monday - Friday, 07:00 - 17:00.
40 hour per week
24 Nov 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Motivated to learn new skills
- Good at learning and applying practical skills
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in subjects including maths and English.
- Behave responsibly
- Good team worker and able to take instructions
Progression available for the right candidate.
About the employer
A-Plant recently rebranded as Sunbelt Rentals. As part of FTSE50 Ashtead Group plc, Sunbelt Rentals is the global leader in equipment rentals in the UK, US and Canada ‐ as well as specialist operations in Europe. Together, our teams of experts provide rental equipment and managed solutions into every market and sector, including construction, industrial, energy, infrastructure, government and events.
Dunnings Bridge Road
Level 2 Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Driver apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Training frameworkLarge goods vehicle (LGV) driver
Gen II Engineering & Technology Training
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gen II Engineering & Technology Training
You must write a 300-600-word personal statement explaining why you wish to apply for this role. Things to include are: Why you want to do this apprenticeship and why you want to apply for this role? What experience do you have that is relevant? Any activities that you have done that you feel are relevant to the role. This is the most important part of the application. To apply visit
Application closing date: 20 Jan 2021