School Office Apprentice
Fazakerley Primary School
Are you a motivated individual, looking to build a successful career whilst gaining a recognised qualification? Working in the busy school office your main responsibilities will be to provide general and less routine clerical, administrative or financial support to the school under the direction or instruction of senior staff.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Offering education for 3-11-year olds you will be working in the school office providing friendly, efficient, reception and administration.
Activities will be wide and varied, and will include the use of several it systems, key duties will include:
- Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Assist with pupil first aid and welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc. And use specialist skills to undertake the administration of medical procedures
- Organise more complex arrangements for school trips and events etc.
- Be responsible for completion and submission of complex forms, returns etc, including those to outside agencies e.g. dcsf and la
- Assist in the administrative work associated with the recruitment of all new staff including reference requests, safer recruitment checks and issuing of contracts
- Administer the payroll and all personnel matters including recruitment and contracts of employment
- Provide general clerical support including routine clerical processes, it based tasks requiring knowledge of various ict packages and operation of office equipment
- Maintain manual and computerised records and management information systems
- Maintain stocks and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required
- Undertake general financial administration such as processing orders
- Produce lists, information and data as required
- Take notes at meetings
- Maintain and collate pupil reports
- Undertake routine administration of school lettings and other uses of school premises
- Operate uniform, snack or other ‘shops’ within the school
- Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the apprentice.
Monday - Friday 8.30 - 4.00pm with 30 minutes lunch
35 hour per week
20 Nov 2020
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Team player
- Understanding that confidentiality is a necessity
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths, English, and ICT
- Hard working
- Prioritise your workload and meet deadlines
- Understand and respect our customer’s needs and deal with sensitive information
- Punctual and reliable
- Work well on their own initiative
- Willing to listen and learn
- Possibility of the offer of full-time employment dependent upon performance during placement
About the employer
Fazakerley primary school mission:
In order to achieve success at Fazakerley primary school, we believe that everyone in our community is of equal worth and should be given the opportunity to develop their full potential intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically and professionally.
We promote in our whole school community, an understanding and respect for everyone’s well-being and mental health, valuing and supporting each other as an integral part of our school life.
As a school, we know that the challenges of the 'big, wide world' aren't getting any easier. We know what the children of fazakerley need; and that is confidence in their abilities, a belief that they have the skills required to achieve, the resilience that all of us need to be able to grow from the challenges and hardships that await us, learning from our mistakes and the aspiration to be the best and fulfil our dreams and goals.
Our school is a very unique and special place, sitting at the centre of a proud community. I feel very privileged to serve our school as head and genuinely do feel that every member of our staff has been welcomed as extended members of our children’s families. Our children deserve nothing but the very best and we are all relentless in our efforts to improve our children’s life chances, working together to ensure we ‘achieve success together’ as the ‘Fazakerley primary school family’.
When a child joins Fazakerley primary school, the child joins our school family and is loved, valued, respected, nurtured and cared for so that they will become the best they can possibly be.
Fazakerley Primary School
If successful you will complete the new Level 3 Business Administrator standard. This will be delivered in conjunction with your employer by Sysco Business Skills academy giving you all the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be successful in your role.
In addition to workplace development you will attend a number of workshops. Furthermore, your apprenticeship will cover:
- Functional skills in maths and English at level 2 (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
To find out more about the Business Administration standard please click on the link below:
Training frameworkBusiness Administrator
SYSCO BUSINESS SKILLS ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sysco Business Skills Academy Ltd
0151 556 7877