Registered Manager Apprentice
Lytham Care Ltd
Total hours per week
Possible start date
To effectively manage the home ensuring staff provide a high quality of care for all young persons.
To ensure the effective implementation of all regulation/legislation in consultation with relevant statutory body.
To maintain the highest possible standard of childcare, ensuring each child and young person's agreed placement plan is fully implemented.
To Co-ordinate and access the appropriate services (health, education, therapy) to ensure the needs of each child and young person are met.
Shifts 2 on 4 off. (Sleepover) Handovers also expected. Shifts to be confirmed.
40 hour per week
07 Oct 2020
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a residential children’s home
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Excellent negotiation / mediation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confidence and ability to lone work, manage minor situations that present difficulties for the young persons; and advocate on behalf of those who may also have multiple support needs and complex behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to consistently record relevant support for young people
- Awareness of the importance of working in a safe and professional manner at all times whilst representing the service
- NVQ L3
- A level
- Or equivalents
- Committed to improving the lives of young people with complex needs
- An understanding and commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of New Start, identifying and challenging where these are not met
- Able to develop and sustain excellent working relationships with clients and other agencies
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and creative to enable changing priorities to be adopted by the team in a positive way
- A commitment to Diversity and Equality in the working relationships and practice
- A commitment to ensuring the needs and rights of clients are upheld through active participation work
- Committed to own personal development and CPD
- Energetic and highly motivated with a commitment to performing the role in a positive and professional driven manner
- Committed to personal learning development
- Reliable and punctual
Securing employment with the company.
About the employer
Our provider operates four residential children’s homes for young people. Our aim is to provide a safe, nurturing and welcoming environment to our young people, working in partnership with local authorities and in accordance with quality standards 2015, maintaining an atmosphere that is close to a family home.
Lytham Care Ltd
Disabled candidates will generally be offered an interview if you meet the minimum requirements for this vacancy. Contact the employer for full details.
Employers may need to limit the number of interviews offered to both disabled and non-disabled people if they receive high numbers of applications.
The disability confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
Children,Young People and Families Manager level 5.
You will complete tasks and acquire a portfolio of evidence through work-based learning and assessment, taught sessions and online delivery. You will be designated a qualified tutor/assessor that will examine the evidence, which is then approved by the external verifier (appointed by the examining body).
Training frameworkChildren,Young People and Families Manager
ACORN TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Acorn Training Ltd