Dental Nurse Apprentice
The Dental House
A modern, friendly dental practice located in the heart of Old Swan. We are one of the largest practices in the city and pride ourselves on the high level of customer service we provide. We offer a range of high standard of Private and NHS Dentistry treatments.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Duties will include:
- Assisting the dentists with suction, retraction, manipulation of air and water syringes, passing instruments and mixing/passing materials
- Ensuring all lab work is checked and available prior to the patient’s arrival
- Developing and filing x-rays
- Cleaning and sterilising instruments
- Greeting and caring for patients
- Maintaining a clean environment during surgery
Monday 8:45am -5:30pm Tuesday 7:45 am– 5:30pm Wednesday 8:45am – 5:30pm Thursday 7:45am – 5:30pm Friday 7:45 – 4:30
40 hour per week
30 Jul 2020
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good team worker and willing to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Punctuality and reliability are essential to the smooth running of the practice
- Ideally someone who has had some previous dental experience would be desirable, but not essential.
- Maths and English GCSE grades A - C / 9 - 4 preferable (or equivalent)
- Be able to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner
- Have a keen interest in starting a career in Dental Nursing
- Must be hard working and willing to learn
When you've successfully completed your Apprenticeship you may be given the opportunity to continue in your role or progress onto an alternative support role within the company where you'll receive full training and support.
About the employer
We called ourselves ‘The Dental House’ because we want our patients to feel at ‘Home’. From the environment that we create to the way in which clients are spoken to, we want people to feel comfortable when they visit our practice. We are passionate about making all appointments as stress-free and pleasant as possible.
Prevention is key to our mind-set and we endeavour to inform and support the people that we take care of so that they are able to take care of their own oral health in a way that prevents major dental issues from developing.
Community spirit is important to us. We are proud of our location and the patients that we serve and we strive to spread positive messages regarding oral health to those around us.
We want to make our patients happy. Whether through dealing with dental problems on a functional level or helping people to achieve a great-looking set of teeth, we want clients to be pleased about their treatment and proud of their smile.
The Dental House is committed to keeping up-to-date with the progression of dentistry. We are passionate about the continuous learning and professional development of our staff so that we may pass on all the benefits of the most modern dentistry and techniques to our patients.
The Dental House
- Working towards a Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing accredited by City and Guilds
- Functional Skills - maths (If needed)
- Functional Skills - English (If needed)
Training frameworkDental nurse
THE LEARNING FOUNDRY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Alder Training Limited