Project Manager Apprentice
Sefton Borough Council
To assist the Cleansing Operations Manager in the delivery of an efficient and effective phased implementation of a new communal bins collection service and additional changes to the current collection service throughout the Borough of Sefton.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Duties and respionsibilities will include:
- To assist Cleansing Operations Manager, designated external and operational resources introduce communal and wheeled bins in an effective and efficient manner, deal with residents and others on queries or problems arising from new collection arrangements in order to deliver “Best Value” waste services to agreed schedules and specifications
- To monitor the activities of internal and external staff involved in the service.
- Provide full technical expertise and advice on wheeled bin operational and service delivery issues, retaining a robust commitment to an efficient qualitative delivery process
- Use all the support information systems provided for monitoring and reporting on container delivery, complaints and contractor performance, and to actively contribute to their improvement when able
- To be a direct ‘point of contact’ for members of the public, Councillors, staff and others
- To respond to complaints, requests for service, undertake inspections, assessments and investigations related to the work of the service
- To remain customer focused at all times, ensuring all interfaces with the public are dealt with promptly and professionally to ensure that a clear understanding of the new service is achieved
- To promote the service and the Council’s policies for this service and where necessary carry out enforcement activity, which may include issuing fixed penalty notices
- To produce monitoring reports, update schedules, undertake correspondence, conduct interviews, give advice, attend meetings (including Council and other meetings as required) and deal with enquiries
- Perform assigned roles in an emergency situation in accordance with the Council’s Health & Safety policies and Emergency Plans
- To promote the introduction of the service and liaise with other internal sections or departments, external agencies or contractors including the voluntary sector where appropriate/necessary
- The postholder will be expected to comply with, observe and promote all the Council’s policies
- This job description is a representative document. Other reasonably similar duties may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the general character of the post and its grading
- All staff are responsible for the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy so far as it affects them, their colleagues and others who may be affected by their work
- The post holder is also expected to monitor the effectiveness of the health and safety arrangements/systems and to promote appropriate improvements where necessary
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm.
36 hour per week
29 Jul 2020
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Perform under time constrained programmes
- Work as a team player, whilst also on own initiative
- Communication skills – personal / phone / in writing.
- Good Standard of Education (A*-C GCSE English and Maths or equivalent)
- Customer care / Waste Management related qualification
- Knowledge of Sefton
- Full knowledge of Waste Services ( wheeled bins would be advantage)
- Knowledge of Council Procedures and procedures / legislation and interpretation.
- Permanent employment upon completion may be a possibility
About the employer
Apprenticeships are high quality, work-based training programmes for people who want to develop their prospects and career. The programme provides work-based training to young people and adults who want to learn new skills and gain qualifications while working.
The Cleansing department is looking to recruit 3 Apprentices who are committed and motivated to complete the Apprenticeship Programme.
You will be expected to work as part of a team to maintain high standards of cleanliness across residential areas, business locations and tourist destinations across the Borough. Collecting and disposing of rubbish, refuse, waste, litter, sand, etc.
Sefton Borough Council
- Assosicate Project Manager Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard
Training frameworkAssociate project manager
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd