Childcare Apprenticeship in Liverpool Childwall
Busy Bees Childcare Ltd
This could be the start to the progression of a childcare career at Busy Bees - hopefully going on to fulfil senior positions within our nurseries - and includes a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Apprentices form a valid role within our nurseries as employed members of the staff team. It will be expected that apprentices progress from Intermediate Level 2. This starts your progression of career at Busy Bees, hopefully going on to fulfil senior positions within our nurseries.
Please find below some of your duties and expectations as an apprentice:
- Involvement in planning stimulating activities for the children in your care in line with the EYFS
- Assisting in delivering a high level of quality childcare maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff
- Building effective relationships with children, parents and team members
- Ensuring each child's individual needs are met
- Contributing to the safeguarding of all children
- Actively work towards the apprenticeship frameworks provided by BB Training with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in developing own skills within the workplace
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development
- Communicate with their line Manager regarding the activities and progress within the room
As an Apprentice, you will be working alongside qualified staff who will show you the ropes. You will be assigned a mentor to provide you with support within your nursery, helping you to complete the tasks you need so you can progress in your qualification. You will attend Learning & Development courses at our training centres, where you will be provided with knowledge to develop your personal skills and practice.
Your Development Coach will visit you regularly in your nursery, assessing the work you are doing, providing recognition for your progress and vital guidance on how you can improve.
Apprenticeships are an excellent way to start your career with Busy Bees!
Monday - Friday, on a rota basis between the hours of 07:30 and 18:00.
40 hour per week
07 May 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Time management
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Communication skills
No entry qualification required.
Progression on to Level 3 and to develop into more senior roles within a nursery.
About the employer
Busy Bees Education and Training is part of the Busy Bees Group, with nurseries throughout the country. We are also a sector specific Training Provider in the Care Sector, specialising in Childcare and Catering.
Busy Bees Childcare Ltd
4 Childwall Road
Disabled candidates will generally be offered an interview if you meet the minimum requirements for this vacancy. Contact the employer for full details.
Employers may need to limit the number of interviews offered to both disabled and non-disabled people if they receive high numbers of applications.
The disability confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
This level 2 course is for anyone interested in building a career in the children and young people’s workforce. Alternatively, this can also be used for staff who already work in the sector who are looking to develop their skills and gain a recognised qualification.
This includes learning the following:
- Equality and Diversity
- Young children’s development
- Importance of play
- Communicating with babies and young children
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of children
- Supporting children with special educational needs (SEND)
- Functional Skills (if required)
The level 2 Apprenticeship qualification confirms competence under supervision in these areas and serves as a progression pathway to the required qualification at level 3.
The duration of this course is 15-months, and this includes an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Training frameworkEarly Years Practitioner
BUSY BEES NURSERIES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Busy Bees Childcare Ltd