Retro Hair Co
We have an available vacancy for an Apprentice Hairdresser to work in our salon whilst studying the Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard at Level 2 with Functional Skills in English and/or maths (if required).
Total hours per week
Possible start date
The successful applicant will be studying for their Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard at Level 2 and will attend either Andrew Collinge Graduates Liverpool (99 Bold Street, Liverpool, L1 4HF) or Andrew Collinge Graduates Birkenhead (31 Milton Pavement, Grange Precinct, Birkenhead, Wirral. CH41 2YA).
Training will cover every aspect of hairdressing including:
- Blow drying
- Colouring and perming
- You will also learn about retailing and customer care
You will be employed by the salon for four days per week with day release to Andrew Collinge Training one day per week. Days and hours TBC.
36 hour per week
25 Mar 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Work experience in a salon would be an advantage but is not essential
- A good communicator
- Hairdressing NVQ Level 1 or the Hairdressing Diploma would be an advantage but is not essential
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative and dextrous, a good and time-keeper
- Must have a keen interest in fashion and trends
- This could lead to permanent, full-time employment within the salon and an opportunity to continue training with Andrew Collinge to achieve an Apprenticeship Standard at Level 3
About the employer
A busy and modern salon with excellent prospects based in Crosby, Liverpool.
Retro Hair Co is a unisex salon in Liverpool providing hair treatments for men, women and children. We have a big, spacious salon with full length mirrors and an attractive interior. We are focused on what our customers require and our comfortable salon and friendly staff will make you feel instantly relaxed.
Retro Hair Co
Hair Professional intermediate standard.
Hairdressing skills you will learn:
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Perming hair (optional)
- Hair relaxing treatments and techniques (optional)
- Hair extension services (optional)
You will also gain core skills and knowledge in:
- Professionalism and values
- Behaviour's and communication
- Safe working practices
Training frameworkHair Professional
ANDREW COLLINGE TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Andrew Collinge Training Ltd