L2 Adult Care Worker Apprentice
Sulem Care Limited
Working as part of a team providing high quality and compassionate care to individuals. Monitoring an individuals conditions for example checking blood pressure, temperature and weight, checking overall progress, comfort and wellbeing.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Duties will include:
- Eating and drinking, washing and dressing and help residents go to the toilet
- Prepare individuals for healthcare activities carried out by other members of the healthcare team
- Carry out non clinical duties, keeping records, making beds, tidying up your work area, returning all cleaning equipment after each clinical activity
- Address straight forward problems in your day to day work, reporting concerns and changes to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- You will report to a registered healthcare practitioner
- Communicate effectively with individuals and their families, carers and healthcare practitioners using a range of techniques, keeping information confidential
- Handle information (record, report and store information) related to individuals in line with local and national policies
Days and hours TBC
30 hour per week
28 Feb 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Treat people with dignity, respecting individuals diversity, beliefs, culture, values, needs, privacy and preferences, show respect and empathy for those you work with
- Have the courage to challenge areas of concern and work to best practice
- Adaptable and reliable, consistent and show discretion, resilience and self-awareness
- Communicate and understand both residents and work colleagues and families and not disclosing any individuals information in connection to confidentiality
- Promote physical health and wellbeing of individuals
- Support individuals with activities of daily living
- Recognise deteriorations in health, long term conditions, physiological measurements, skin integrity and report appropriately
- Be aware of Dementia, cognitive issues and mental health
- GCSE in maths and English A-C/8-4 or equivalent would be of benefit, but not essential
- Driving licence would be beneficial but not essential
- Happy and fun
- Compassionate and able to show empathy where needed
- Take appropriate action in response to incidents or emergencies following guidelines
Progressing your learning onto L3 Adult care worker and obtaining a full time job role.
About the employer
Sulem Care is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a Care Provider. Our company has been established by a Health Care professional with experience of working in acute mental health setups, hospitals, prison, nursing homes as well as community.
They have a team of highly experienced, qualified, professionals are trained with the skills that are necessary to deliver outstanding support to our clientele, contractors and staff.
They appreciate that when you let someone into your home, you need to be able to trust them. As such, our staff are constantly supervised, Background Screened and Criminal History Checked.
Their aim is to promote independent living, choice and enablement within the comfort of your own home, to help enable you to pursue a life that’s full, fulfilling and interesting as possible, in the presence of your loved ones.
Whether you require care for yourself or a loved one, we have vast experience of serving others and are dedicated to meeting all your needs.
They are passionate and thrive to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, in doing so we earn their recommendation to others. We value consistency and believe in providing excellent care through compassion, commitment, experience and our desire to help and enable others.
Sulem Care Limited
Clock Tower Park New Hall
Intermediate Adult Care Worker standard.
DH Associates will be delivering your qualification to you within the workplace. You will be set work to do approx. 6 hrs per week, and the qualification will be delivered by our trainers over a 12 - 15 month timescale. This qualification is a standard and more in-depth, you will also complete L1 functional skills in maths and English.
Training frameworkAdult care worker
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dawn Hodge Associates Ltd