Apprentice Chef - Bold Arms - Southport
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Greene King’s Local Pubs boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends – Greene King will have something that fits the bill.
If you have a desire to gain experience with an industry respected pub brand and you have the hunger to develop yourself and further your career, this apprenticeship position may be just what you’re looking for.
Greene King are offering an award-winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12-month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to start a career in hospitality.
Responsibilities included in this role:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
- 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
- Pension scheme
- Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
- Pay national minimum wage for your age
30 hours per week including Evenings and Weekends, times TBC.
30 hour per week
14 Feb 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
No previous qualifications required.
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time job.
About the employer
Greene King is the country’s leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,100 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland. With a rich heritage of over 200 years, we brew award-winning beers and operate managed, tenanted, leased and franchised pubs from our headquarters in Bury St. Edmunds.
- GK Production Chef Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Training frameworkProduction Chef
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lifetime Training Ltd