AAT Finance Apprentice
Adlib Audio Limited
Have you already completed an AAT qualification Level 2, or have good A Levels? If so, a media entertainment equipment company are looking to employ an aspiring accountant of the future in their finance department, as part of an AAT apprenticeship.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
A commercial role sat between Finance and the Rental Department. The position will primarily be based in the Rental Office assisting Audio, Lights and Video departments with all aspects of invoicing on the equipment rental software.
- Raise invoices for the Hires Department using the correct nominal and tax codes
- First point of contact for Hires invoice related queries
- Support Job Handlers to ensure invoices are raised on a timely basis
- Where required send invoices direct to clients
- Ensure payment terms / required prepayment levels are included on the invoice or email communication
- Working with the Job Handlers to ensure prepayment invoices are raised at the agreed point with the client
- Ensure all post job invoice activity is performed, e.g. invoicing for extras and preparing the netting off invoice with direction from the Head of Finance
- Assist Accounts Receivable with cash allocations
- Attend Weekly debtor’s meetings. Articulate expected customer payment dates for Hires jobs. Follow up on any actions as required
- Have visibility of customer account balances, flagging any current or potential issues to the Job Handler and Credit Controller
- Send customer statements to prompt payment
- Process WorldPay Credit card payments
- Working with Job Handlers to prepare payment schedules to confirm with the customer before work commences
- Set up new accounts in both accounting and rental management systems
- Collating and submitting expense information
- General office duties
Monday to Friday (Full time hours). Times to be confirmed.
37.5 hour per week
13 Feb 2020
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working in an office environment is desirable, although not essential
- Strong minded
- Comfortable working in a time pressured environment
- Accounts experience preferred (internship, work placement etc)
- Part AAT qualified or A Levels A - C (or the equivalents)
- GCSEs including maths and English grades A - C (or the equivalents)
- Willingness to learn
- Use your own initiative
- Experience working in a business office environment essential
- Team player
- Strong personality
A permanent position in a fast growing, friendly owner managed business. Structured development routes and varied work.
About the employer
Adlib provides technical production services for all aspects of live events, no matter how large or small. From Adlib’s main site in Liverpool and the recent acquisition of EFX Audio in Scotland, our rental, sales and installation divisions can design and supply professional public address, lighting and audio-visual systems to suit a wide variety of venues, events and applications.
Adlib Audio Limited
Adlib House Kitling Road
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting - Level 3.
The Advanced Diploma in Accounting covers a range of complex accounting tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. You’ll learn and master a number of accounting disciplines, including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
Top five skills you will gain:
- The importance of professional ethics in the working environment
- Use of spreadsheets to manage information in the accounting environment
- Analysing variances
- Reconciling ledgers
- Making provisions for doubtful and irrecoverable debts
Training frameworkAssistant accountant
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kaplan