Chef Apprentice - Chapelford Farm Pub Restaurant - Great Sankey
Greene King Plc
Farmhouse Inns have some of the most welcoming, fun-filled, family friendly pubs in the country. We’re looking for a Chef Apprentice to join their team at The Chapelford Farm Pub Restaurant - Great Sankey who’s enthusiastic and passionate about delivering an amazing service to customers.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Farmhouse Inns provide a vast range of tasty pub favourites as well as a traditional daily carvery with a fantastic choice of fresh vegetables and succulent roasted joints of meat. Their generous, eye catching cakes are regarded as their unique selling point, displayed in cabinets in the centre of their business to create a real talking point for customers.
Farmhouse Inns aim to provide the best dining and drinking experience for customers of all ages, including a distraction zone for children to keep them occupied. They aim to be the first choice for families. You’ll find personal touches throughout their pubs and in everything they do.
The teams at Farmhouse Inns are the people who make their pubs so special, creating the warm and friendly atmosphere they’re renowned for. Farmhouse Inns are passionate about developing the skills of their people. That’s why they’re offering an award-winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an apprenticeship through 12-month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Farmhouse Inns’ career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, as part of Greene King, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to start a career in hospitality.
Your daily duties will include:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
- 33% of meals at any Greene King Managed Site
- Pension scheme
- Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
30 hours per week, shift work including evening and weekends, times TBC.
30 hour per week
12 Feb 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Pride in delivering excellent service
- Team player who is reliable, honest and able to use initiative
No qualifications required.
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time job.
About the employer
Welcome to The Chapelford Farm. We are located in the heart of Warrington.
A great place to take the whole family, this Farmhouse Inn is friendly, welcoming and warm.
You’ll be spoilt for choice when you look at The The Chapelford Farm menus. Take your pick from hearty breakfasts, pub classics or a traditional carvery. Make sure you try our delicious homemade cakes too, all freshly baked in our restaurant. We also have our wide selection of ice creams for you to enjoy.
Looking to make a day of it? You’ll find Catalyst Science Discovery Centre, Gulliver’s World and Skate Academy are within easy driving distance.
Greene King Plc
Chapelford Village Centre
Santa Rosa Boulevard
- Production Chef Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Training frameworkProduction Chef
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lifetime Training Ltd