Advanced Sport and PE Apprentice
Farnborough Road Junior School
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Farnborough Road Junior School is looking to recruit an Advanced School Sport and PE Apprentice (Level 3) who is committed and motivated to complete the Apprenticeship Programme.
Your duties will include supporting the teachers and students with Sport, PE and Physical Activity across the whole school; learning how to prepare and present displays of student's work. You shall assist in the setting up of equipment for practical activities, carry out warm up exercises with the students, support with lesson planning, cleaning changing rooms and kits in preparation for the next lesson, tidying the storage cupboards, co-ordinating school display boards, photocopy resources and carry out innovative, quality coaching activities.
To provide practical support for teachers and students within the PE Department
- Learn how to lead a variety of sessions to make PE fun whilst keeping an appropriate level of discipline
- Assist in setting up of equipment for practical activities
- Carrying out warm up exercises with the students
- Support teachers in the planning and implementation of innovative and engaging Sports and P.E. within the school
- Show an eagerness to learn by shadowing more experienced teachers and coaches
- Support the preparation, delivery and evaluation of the Sport PE and Physical Activity extracurricular offer
- Prepare and present displays of student's work & Co-ordinate the school display boards
- Cleaning changing rooms and kits in preparation for the next lesson(s)
- Tidying the storage cupboard were the equipment is kept
- Support class teachers in photocopying and other tasks in order to support teaching
- Carrying out coaching activities for extracurricular activities
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records
- Provide support for individual learners inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
Support for the School:
- Be aware of and comply with school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference to help ensure everyone has equal access to the services of the school and feels valued, respecting their social, cultural, linguistic, religious and ethnic background
- Contribute to the school ethos, aims and development/improvement plan
Monday - Friday 9:30am-3:30pm. (Term Time Only)
30 hour per week
12 Feb 2020
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Able to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills, by telephone, face to face and written
- Ability to organise your own workload and use your initiative
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Basic awareness of inclusion, especially within a school setting
- Adhere to confidentiality
- Work as part of a team
- Essential- Working at Level 2 in English and maths
- Essential- good standard of General Education
- GCSE or equivalent qualifications in maths and English A* - C(9/4) - Desirable
- Professional personal presentation
- Good communicator
- Pro active
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Team player
- Opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in PE whilst completing Advanced Apprenticeship
About the employer
At Farnborough Juniors we aim to work together to enable all of our children to reach their full potential. We want to provide our children with the best possible education and to develop the whole child during their time with us. We believe this is achieved through a close and trusting relationship between home and school, working together at all times to promote the vision, aims and ethos of the school. Vision Statement We aim to be an outstanding school at the heart of our local community.
We want to create a happy, safe, caring and inclusive learning environment where every child will become an independent learner who achieves their full potential. In partnership with families, we will help pupils to become responsible young people who are on a pathway to success. Mission Statement Our school is a happy and caring environment, where every child is encouraged to thrive academically, emotionally, socially and physically.
At our school:- Everyone is valued Our talents and abilities are developed Our achievements are celebrated In our school we will all try to be:- Caring Helpful Respectful Honest Hardworking Thoughtful Fair Happy 'Belonging together, learning together, achieving together'
Farnborough Road Junior School
Disabled candidates will generally be offered an interview if you meet the minimum requirements for this vacancy. Contact the employer for full details.
Employers may need to limit the number of interviews offered to both disabled and non-disabled people if they receive high numbers of applications.
The disability confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
Training to be provided
- Supporting Teaching & Learning in Physical Education and School Sport Framework Level 3
- NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Functional Skills maths Level 2
Training frameworkSupporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd