Apprentice Line Chef
Tapas Tapas are looking for a passionate individual who wants to learn and develop their culinary skills. We are 100% food and have a passion for constantly moving the business forward with fresh ideas and excellent food delivery.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Duties to include but not be limited to:
- Basic food prep and cooking tasks under the supervision of another Chef
- Follow industry guidelines regarding health, hygiene and allergens
- Keep a check on food stocks and store food correctly
- Maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen environment at all times including dishes and kitchen equipment. Personal hygiene must also be of a high standard
- Will learn how to fill in kitchen documentation
1 day a week at college (Monday) and the remaining hours spread over Tuesday - Sunday (Times to be confirmed).
30 hour per week
02 Dec 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Must show a willingness to learn
- Have a keen interest in the hospitality industry
- None required
- Friendly approach and able to work in a team
The Apprentice may be offered a permanent position upon completion of this apprenticeship.
About the employer
Tapas Tapas is a local, independent business that was borne of our love for Spanish food and culture. Having lived in Spain for almost a decade, and spent great times enjoying different tapas bars that is what has inspired us to bring an authentic experience to Liverpool. We import much of the produce from Spain, with suppliers in Barcelona, Córdoba, Jaén and León. We support local suppliers for our fresh meat, fish and vegetables. We have won a Tripadvisor "Certificate of Excellence" from customer reviews for the last three years, and we were nominated for the "Best Local Restaurant" in Gordon Ramsey's "F-Word" programme in 2010.
We provide an Outside Catering service (Merseyside only), and have catered for events such as the BMW Z4 launch and Banco Santander UK awards evening, as well as for private events such as weddings, Christenings and so on. Both restaurants have Function Rooms with a private bar, which are ideal for any event, from birthday parties to weddings or funerals.
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member - Food Production pathway to be gained
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- Delivered in the workplace by a qualified Assessor who will visit once per month
Training frameworkHospitality team member
HUGH BAIRD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hugh Baird College