Business and Administration Apprentice
Hunts Cross Post Office
An exciting new opportunity with an immediate start. Hunts Cross Post Office are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual to join their expanding company. Experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Hunts Cross Post Office are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual with good personal and communication skills, the ability to show initiative and to be successful in a competitive working environment.
The role will include, but will not be restricted to:
- Answering incoming telephone calls in a professional, efficient manner, taking and forwarding messages when necessary
- Opening, sorting and routing incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail
- Recording details of all incoming and outgoing mail using the online postal register
- Operating office machines such as the photocopier, scanner and facsimile
- Photocopying, collating and distributing documents for staff across the organisation
- Preparing and filing documents accurately and promptly
- Maintaining and updating the filing system
- Archiving of files and paperwork
- Greeting and meeting visitors
- Basic IT Skills
This employer is willing to take on a Level 3 Apprentice if a candidate has already obtained the appropriate Level 2 qualification.
Monday - Friday, shifts TBC.
30 hour per week
29 Nov 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Be eager to learn and master new skills
- Work well under pressure
- Be outgoing with a friendly disposition
- Maintain a professional image at all times
- GCSEs at grades A*-C (9-4) (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred, but not essential
- Be well presented at all times
- Be punctual
- Be able to work well in a team
- Have a willingness to learn all aspects of Business Administration
- Have the confidence to use your own initiative
- Once the full apprenticeship framework is achieved, employees will be ready to further their career and it may be possible to progress to a higher-level apprenticeship
About the employer
Royal Mail plc is an international business, developing a modern, optimised and efficient network to deliver letters, parcels and new products.
We operate across 44 countries and nation states worldwide, 41 in Europe and, following recent acquisitions, eight states in the Western US and Canada.
We are a digitally innovative brand, connecting customers, companies and countries.
Hunts Cross Post Office
- Level 2/3 NVQ Certificate in Business Administration (depending on prior qualifications)
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Training frameworkBusiness and Administration
JARVIS TRAINING MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Jarvis Training Management Ltd