Kate Henshaw Hairdressing
Fantastic opportunity has become available at our salon for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join us. We are looking for someone with passion for hair and beauty who is willing to go that extra mile in order to satisfy our customers. You will be supporting the smooth running of the salon alongside the hair professionals.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties on daily basis such as answering telephone calls and booking in client’s appointments
- Meeting and greeting clients, making refreshments upon request
- Organising and maintaining clients’ record
- Selling and recommending retail products sold at the salon
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements and providing recommendations
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Dry and style of hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, condition, treat hair & scalp
- Set and dress hair
- Style and finish hair
- Basic hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer’s address.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will learn many important skills and requirements to become a qualified hairdresser.
Once you are competent towards the end of your apprenticeship you will be assessed by an external assessor in the workplace.
This will progress you towards further qualification and you will be given more responsibilities. Please be aware that it may take up to 3 years to complete both levels of qualification.
Monday to Saturday shift rota basis
30 hour per week
29 Nov 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communicator with good customer service skills
- Well-presented and willing to learn new skills
- Excellent telephone manner
GCSE Grade C/4 or above or equivalent.
- Good conversationalist
- Tending to work with energy and commitment
- To do attitude
Progression on to Level 3 Hair Professional - Barbering or Hairdressing.
About the employer
Multiple award winning salon with a developed sense for creative and inspired signature styles, Kate Henshaw is a haven of calm for its clients and provides a wide range of hairdressing services including extensions and tailor made wigs.
Kate Henshaw Hairdressing
- Hair Professional Level 2 Standard Apprenticeship.
Training frameworkHair Professional
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by DBC Training
01332 29 55 88