AAT Apprentice Accountant
Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a Level 3 apprenticeship with Seadrill Ltd and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the AAT qualification.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
The successful candidate will work within the Global Accounting Shared Service Centre in one of the General Accounting Functions (Corporate Accounting) to develop a solid understanding of the Accounting Principles required for this role.
The team offices in Liverpool have expanded, with the accounting team now taking full Shared Service Centre responsibility for the global accounts from all of their worldwide regions and the Financial Accountant will be exposed to the teams expanding responsibilities. A range of accounting tasks including:
Performs all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers focus on doing things right first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reconciles all assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure completeness and accuracy using a standard format ensuring all balances are properly supported
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and ensure any manual journals required are posted
- Assist with the preparation of documentation related to internal and external audit requirements in order to develop an understanding of statutory reporting requirements
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packs
- Ad-hoc miscellaneous duties as assigned to ensure adequate support to designated shared service support operations
Monday - Friday, shifts TBC.
37.5 hour per week
15 Nov 2019
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Strong academic background
- Good communicator, both in writing and in person
- Strong skills in problem-solving, documentation, research and resolution, and data analysis
- A Levels at grades A-C (or equivalent)
- GCSEs at grades B/6 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English
- Able to multi-task
- Good attention to detail
Opportunity for sponsorship through AAT and further.
About the employer
Seadrill is a leading offshore deep-water drilling company, aiming to be our customers' most important partner in making oil and gas available in a safe and cost-effective manner.
The company operates a versatile fleet of units that comprises drill ships, jack-up rigs, semi-submersible rigs and tender rigs for operations in shallow to ultra-deep-water areas in both harsh and benign environments.
Seadrill’s expanding range of abilities is apparent by its rapidly increasing portfolio and the company is looking to deliver its progressive vision more intensely than ever before.
Seadrill is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting – Level 3 with Level 2 bolt on's (Bookkeeping Units)
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The Advanced Diploma in Accounting covers a range of complex accounting tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns.
You’ll learn and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
Top five skills you will gain:
- The importance of professional ethics in the working environment
- Use of spreadsheets to manage information in the accounting environment
- Analysing variances
- Reconciling ledgers
- Making provisions for doubtful and irrecoverable debts
Training frameworkAssistant accountant
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kaplan