Apprentice Chef - Observatory - Widnes
Greene King Ltd
Hungry Horse are looking for a confident, ambitious and reliable applicant, with a relentless passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience. Join their Kitchen team as an Apprentice Chef!
Total hours per week
Possible start date
At Hungry Horse, their mission is to be the best they can. That’s why we are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people.
Hungry Horse is a fun and vibrant brand which is really going places! They offer a challenging yet rewarding environment and a supportive team. They pride themselves on the culture of their teams and helping everyone to bring the best out in one another to deliver an amazing service to customers.
Hungry Horse offer a fantastically fun environment in which to work and they are passionate about developing their team as Hungry Horse believe that this is what provides the best customer service! That’s why Hungry Horse are offering an award-winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12-month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! The Hungry Horse career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to start a career in the Hospitality sector.
There’s never been a better time to join the team - Fill up on Good Times!
Responsibilities included in this role:
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
- 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
- Pension scheme
- Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
- Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
- Pay national minimum wage for your age
Shift work incl. Evenings and Weekends, times TBC
30 hour per week
14 Nov 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
No previous qualifications required.
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full-time job.
About the employer
What’s on the menu? All your family favourites! Whether it’s an All-Day Breakfast kind of day, a beer and a Beef Burger kind of day, or you just fancy Fish & Chips for a change... you’ll find there’s plenty to tickle your taste buds on our menu. We like to look after your wallet, too. Whenever you come to The Observatory you can get a great deal, as well as a great meal. There’s a different deal every day of the week. The Observatory is a great place to stop for a bite to eat, whether you’re just starting your day, or kicking back after a great day out. With so many interesting places within easy reach, you’re spoilt for choice. Here are a few of our favourite places to visit, nearby: Gulliver's World, Knowsley Safari Park and Warrington Museum & Art Gallery.
Greene King Ltd
Motherwell Close, Queensbury Way
- Greene King Production Chef Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Training frameworkProduction Chef
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lifetime Training Ltd