Administration Apprentice (Centre Assistant Apprentice)
Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Your duties will be:
- To meet and greet visitors to Southport Library & Information Service based at The Atkinson and to provide excellent customer care
- You will maintain a high quality and efficient standard of library service for all users, which will include all operational aspects of the library function
- You will develop experience in administration and daily financial routines, maintain records, and promote stock and events
- You will also develop a good working knowledge of what the Atkinson has to offer, alongside the local tourism and Sefton Council services
- Maintain a library service of the highest standard; that contributes effectively to borough wide and national Libraries’ and reader development initiatives. To respond to enquiries about local Tourism, heritage and provide information about Southport as a destination
- To support delivery of all relevant initiatives for customers, communities, schools, and outside partners.To contribute to seamless working relationships with other Centre Assistants and across the Public Engagement team and other teams within the Atkinson, including volunteers and placements
- To maintain personal development for self and others, as appropriate.To undertake all appropriate reporting, administrative and financial routines and maintain all records to comply with designated requirements, including library and other stock management procedures
- To maintain current databases, whilst ensuring customer information is captured in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and GDPR Regulations, and to adhere to all Sefton Council Data Protection Policies.To contribute to The Atkinson’s ‘Green’ strategy including policies on recycling, reduction in energy and water consumption, green transport.To comply with all organisational policies and procedures, with specific reference to Health & Safety at all times.To attend training as required, and complete all assignments set
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00.
36 hour per week
08 Nov 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- An enthusiastic and outgoing personality with good inter-personal and communication skills
- An effective team worker with the ability to be self-reliant, able to use your own initiative whilst under pressure
- Ability to carry out admin and financial routines to the designated standard
- Effective use of ICT for personal use and service delivery
- Ability to support activities e.g. story and rhyme time/displays
- Literate and numerate - working towards Level 2
- Computer literate
- Polite, professional personal presentation
- Pro Active
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Team player
Opportunity to develop Administrative skills in Sefton Council.
About the employer
Sefton council is responsible for providing and maintaining a number of services including housing, education, environment, health & social care.
Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
Disabled candidates will generally be offered an interview if you meet the minimum requirements for this vacancy. Contact the employer for full details.
Employers may need to limit the number of interviews offered to both disabled and non-disabled people if they receive high numbers of applications.
The disability confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
Intermediate Business and Administration Apprenticeship (Level 2) Framework:
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Business & Administration
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business & Administration
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
Training frameworkBusiness and Administration
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
0151 933 6393