Deysbrook Pharmacy - Pharmacy Dispensing Apprentice
C & P APOTHECARIES LIMITED
Total hours per week
Possible start date
The Dispensing Assistant's role is predominantly in the assembly of prescribed medicines. They are also involved with stock management, the receipt of prescriptions, and the issue of prescribed medicines, under the supervision of the Pharmacist. The course can either be the accredited Level 2 equivalent or the NVQ 2 course.
The Medicine Counter Assistant's role is to assist in the sale of OTC medicines, the receipt of prescriptions and the issue of prescribed medicines under the supervision of the Pharmacist.
- To dispense medication as stated on prescriptions.
- Maintain minimum stock levels of medicines.
- Place accurate and timely orders with suppliers and accept deliveries of medication.
- Dispensing of patient dosette boxes (blister packs) and associated administration.
- Endorse prescriptions accurately by checking prices with suppliers as necessary.
- Maintain and order stocks of dispensary and NHS stationery.
- Issue repeat prescriptions as requested by patients within the agreed time-scale.
- Ensure that all Care at the Chemist documents are filled in and up to date online and on the computer.
- Ensure that all returns of stocks are correct and stock credits are issued.
- Ensure that all end of month prescriptions are filled correctly and correctly posted.
42.5 hours per week - 9am to 6pm, 5 days per week which is likely to include working on a Saturday with Sundays and a day during the week off.
42.5 hour per week
09 Oct 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good maths and IT skills
- An interest in science and medicine
- A methodical approach to routine tasks
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- A friendly, patient and sympathetic manner
- The ability to explain instructions clearly to customers
- Tact and discretion when dealing with potentially embarrassing information
- Good teamworking skills
- Good administration skills for record keeping
- GCSE maths, English & Science A*-C 9-4 or equivalent qualifications
- Dress appropriately
- Sympathetic to the needs of patients
From the level 2 course a student may progress to the Level 3 courses which train you in the role of a Pharmacy Technician. Possible permanent position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Our branches have been offering pharmaceutical services Merseyside areas for over 20 years. Over time we have developed our own teams of qualified counter, dispensing and pharmacist staff who are dedicated to providing advice, information and services within the local community including blood pressure and glucose monitoring, smoking cessation, prescription collection service and prescription delivery service. We are members of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and the National Pharmaceutical Association (NPA) and are committed to ensuring that all staff undergo not only the NPA initial training but also subscribe to Continuous Professional Development and attend regular refresher courses and seminars which guarantees that their skills and knowledge are up to date.
C & P APOTHECARIES LIMITED
The Apprenticeship programme consists of:
- BTEC Level 2 certificate in Pharmaceutical Science (QCF)
- Level 2 certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ) (QCF)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
Training frameworkHealth Pharmacy Services
Liverpool Community College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The City of Liverpool College
0151 252 3287