Business Admin Apprentice
University Of Liverpool
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of duties. This post is to provide clerical support to a busy Finance Operations team, assisting the team in the provision of financial services to FRCS Management.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
A normal day would include:
- Provides an important first point of contact to suppliers, dealing with all initial queries
- Regularly checks the finance office email and distributes to the relevant staff which receives a high volume of invoices
- Assist in the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions. E.g. Process orders accurately and on a timely basis. Process goods receipts in the finance system
- Scans and photocopies relevant finance documentation e.g. invoices and ensure they are always appropriately filed and attached to relevant transactions to ensure payment can be made
- Reviewing supplier statements received and chasing outstanding invoices
- Arranges for jobs to be closed within the maintenance system based on reports received from our maintenance contractor
- Providing data onto spreadsheets using excel
- Assisting with the payment process of the utility invoices
- Providing cover for other clerical staff, if required
- Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
On successfully completing your apprenticeship you will have access to internally advertised opportunities at the University of Liverpool.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by expert training and assessment staff - for example The Skills Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants who meet the basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted by The Skills Company to discuss the vacancy. This will be by phone. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
35 hour per week
12 Sep 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good keyboard skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly excel
- Awareness of the importance of using the correct account codes/cost centres
- Experience in problem solving
- Ability to work as part of team with or without direct supervision
Minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grade C/5 and above in English, maths and ICT (or the equivalent).
- Dependable, reliable, good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise work and work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels in the University
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
About the employer
The University of Liverpool is a public University based in the City of Liverpool. A member of the elite Russel Group of research-intensive universities, it was founded as a college in 1881 and gained its royal charter in 1903, with the ability to award degrees, and is also known to be one of the six original red brick civic universities.
It comprises three faculties organised into 35 departments and schools employing over 6000 staff. The University of Liverpool is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide according to Academic ranking of world universities.
University Of Liverpool
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship and gaining a Level 2 and 3 qualification in Business Administration.
Training frameworkBusiness and Administration
THE NORTH WEST APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The North West Apprenticeship Company Limited