Apprentice Resourcing Officer
Halton Borough Council
Are you looking for a career in Human Resources? Would you like to earn money whilst training and also gaining valuable experience in resourcing? This could be the opportunity for you. You will join a friendly team of staff working in a busy HR Department. Your role will be part of the Efficiency, Resourcing and Recruitment team which forms part of the HR Service Centre. As an Apprentice Resourcing Officer you will specifically support the resourcing function.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Working closely with the Senior Resourcing Officer you will provide oversight and monitoring of the Council’s agency worker contract, as well as providing advice and guidance to managers on resourcing options.
You’ll support an number of areas of work including; the consideration of business cases submitted by services for agency workers, monitoring ongoing usage of agency placements, monitoring compliance with the terms of the contract and Council procedures and the production and analysis of management information. You’ll also work closely with the Council’s agency contract providers and will attend quarterly business review meetings, with the Senior Resourcing Officer, to review operational and financial data and ensure the contract continues to meet the needs of the Council and its users.
In addition, you will support the Senior Resourcing Officer in maintaining and updating the Council’s HR system with structural changes (i.e. changes to post, deletion of posts and creation of new posts).
Whilst working specifically in the resourcing area of the service, the role will work alongside others HR specialisms such as Pay and Pensions, Recruitment, Organisational Development and Employment Relations, where processes overlap.
Monday to Friday
37 hour per week
21 Jul 2021
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- A basic understanding of HR functions and policy, with an understanding of how organisations are structured.
- Able to work in a logical and sequential manner
- Experience of updating databases and electronic systems
- Strong numeracy skills attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of evidence based decision making
5 GCSEs (which must include English and Mathematics) at level C or above
A keen interest in developing a career in HR
Suitable for candidates wishing to embark on a career in HR.
About the employer
Local government authority serving the people of Halton.
Halton Borough Council
Disabled candidates will generally be offered an interview if you meet the minimum requirements for this vacancy. Contact the employer for full details.
Employers may need to limit the number of interviews offered to both disabled and non-disabled people if they receive high numbers of applications.
The disability confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
Alongside gaining valuable on the job training, and access to in-house Halton Council learning and development opportunities, you will study for an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in Human Resources Support. Training will be provided through BePro Development.
Skills to be Gained:
- Experience of working in busy HR department
- An understanding of how organisations in local government operate and the resourcing considerations they face
- An understanding of HR legislation, policy and procedures related to resourcing and associate areas of HR.
- The knowledge to be able to provide solutions, advice and support primarily to managers
- Excellent customer service skills
- A good understanding of HR data, specifically related to the peripheral workforce, resourcing costs and organisation structures.
- Competence is using a number of HR and resourcing related systems
Training frameworkLevel 3 Human Resource Support Apprenticeship
Applications via Halton Borough Council website
It is important when you complete your application form that you address each of the points on the person specification individually to show us what you’re capable of. When you are asked to complete your personal statement please take each point and tell us as much as you can to demonstrate how you meet each criteria.
Application closing date: 01 Aug 2021