Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship
Retail is a really exciting industry to work in, where you can realistically climb the career ladder. Start your retail career with this Retail Apprenticeship role at New Look where you will be providing excellent customer service.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Shopping is our national pastime! Retail is a really exciting industry to work in, where you can realistically move up the career ladder. You could start your fashion retail career with this Retail Apprentice Talent for Tomorrow role at New Look on a 15-months fixed-term contract.
Your role will be based within one of the New Look stores where you will be providing excellent customer service in a fast fashion environment. You will receive ongoing support and development to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful career within the service industry.
If you are the successful candidate for this vacancy, you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service.
Some of your duties may include:
- Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for
- Greeting customers who enter the shop
- Involvement in stock control and management
- Keeping up to date with promotions
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor
- Replenishment and merchandising
- Dealing with customer refunds
- Keeping the store clean and tidy, this includes hoovering and mopping
This is an overview of some of your potential everyday tasks.
At New Look, our mission is to help people look good and feel great. When it comes to people who work for us, we want individuals to express themselves in an environment where change and new ideas are celebrated.
This is because we truly believe every person who works here shapes our company and helps contribute to its future.
5 days out of 7 on a rota basis. Shifts TBC.
38 hour per week
13 Aug 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- You should have excellent communication skills with the desire to work in a team environment
- You will be organised and confident with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English and maths are preferred but not essential.
You will be a reliable and enthusiastic person with a professional attitude and smart appearance.
When you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to progress to an NVQ Level 3 in Retail or continue in that role to build yourself up managing your own store.
About the employer
The New Look story began in 1969 as a single fashion store in the UK. From there, we’ve grown to become a leading fast-fashion brand, with 591 stores in the UK and over 276 across Europe, China and Asia.
Our transactional website newlook.com now ships to around 120 countries world-wide generating 15% of sales (Q3 (YTD) FY17). We’ve a significant presence in social media, over 3.2 million Facebook fans, over 400,000 following us on Twitter and over 1.4 million following us on Instagram.
Lugsdale Road, Widnes Shopping Park
Level 2 Retailer apprenticeship standard (15-months) which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- Work-based learning
- 20% off the job training
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
PEOPLEPLUS GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by People Plus