Apprentice IT Technician - 18448
GAIA TECHNOLOGIES PLC
Currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to help manage and develop the existing IT and AV infrastructure in an outstanding Jewish faith based School located in South Liverpool.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Main role and areas of responsibility:
- To assist the network manager in the maintenance of all aspects of the basic ICT hardware infrastructure requirements for the schools
- To assist the network manager in the maintenance of all aspects of the basic ICT software infrastructure requirements for the schools
- To assist the network manager in ensuring security of data on the network by maintaining a regular programme of monitoring access levels of all users, and ensuring that anti-virus software, systems and procedures are in place including filtering systems
- To install, upgrade, maintain and repair the schools’ IT and AV equipment when necessary
- To support the development of ICT and AV resourcing across the school.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with all students, colleagues and other professionals
- To respond proactively to ICT and AV issues raised via the helpdesk system
- To monitor and replenish printer toner and paper stock levels and other consumable parts
- To provide ICT support for internal and external examinations as required
- To provide Audio Visual support in classrooms, assemblies, performing arts departments, productions and other events as required
- To provide first line ICT and Audio Visual support to the school’s staff and students.
All details will be confirmed upon interview.
35 hour per week
11 Jul 2019
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- They must have a keen interest in technology
- Have fantastic verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
The candidate will have at least 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including maths, English and an IT related subject.
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
About the employer
King David High School was judged to be outstanding overall with an outstanding Sixth Form in the last OFSTED report.
GAIA TECHNOLOGIES PLC
c/o KING DAVID HIGH SCHOOL
Infrastructure technician level 3 standard
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Training frameworkInfrastructure technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
0345 074 7825