Apprentice Engineering Fitter – Mechanical
Avrenim Facilities Management Ltd
We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer focused apprentice to join the Facilities Estates and Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to take the first steps in your career in our Company.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Working alongside experienced and qualified staff you will learn all aspects of Mechanical Maintenance.
Working under supervision you will work towards being responsible for the following tasks:
- Carry out checks and maintenance as outlined within the PPM (Planned, Preventative Maintenance) scheme
- Be reactive to and carry out repair on breakdown
- Monitor and interpret data to support efficiency of Machinery
- Use internal computer systems to log, track and update allocated job dockets
- Fault diagnosis and repair on engineering systems & Equipment (motors, bearing, pumps etc)
- Conduct servicing of equipment including repair & replacement
- Work to understand and implement Business Improvement Techniques
- Carry out reasonable instructions from Lead Engineers or Senior Managers
Monday - Friday 8.00AM – 4.30PM.
37.5 hour per week
11 Jun 2019
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate would be:
- Practically minded
- Have good technical awareness
- Have a ‘practical’ approach with good dexterity
- Relish the challenge of physical work
- Have a good work ethic
- Strong focus on working safely Work in confined spaces
- Good communication skills to liaise with both colleagues, customers and visitors
- 5 GCSE grades C/4 or equivalent inc English, Science, C/5 maths
- Problem solver
- Enthusiastic with a desire to listen, learn, ask questions and be prepared to take on constructive feedback
- Ability to work well as part of a team, showing respect for others and listen to instructions from others
- Practical and logical with a desire for problem solving
- Physically fit and able to climb ladders
- Ability to prioritise work/tasks
- Able to follow processes and adhere to instructions
- Having a good, positive, can do attitude
- Personable, enthusiastic and trustworthy with integrity and respect for colleagues and customers
- A willingness to learn
- Good attention to detail
- Possibly have a hobby/interest in fixing/tinkering with mechanical devices/bikes/machines etc.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Access to own transport would be an advantage
- Apprenticeship may lead to permanent employment
- Further in-house and external training and development available
- Potential L4 / HNC may be an option for the right candidate
About the employer
Avrenim Facilities Management was incorporated primarily to ensure continuation of Estate maintenance and service for the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen Hospitals following the collapse of Carillion in January 2018.
We deliver integrated facilities management & Project Management services that enable organisations to operate their buildings efficiently, competitively and compliantly. As we operate as a traditional main contractor, we remove the headache caused by managing multiple contractors. Our approach allows you to focus on your own core business.
We work closely with you to understand your property requirements and your company culture. By doing this, we not only develop the right service model for your business, but also achieve customer service excellence through our thorough understanding of your organisation’s values and the demands put upon it.
Avrenim Facilities Management Ltd
Advanced Engineering Apprenticeships normally last four years during which time you will attend our Training Centre on block release moving to day release basis for basic training and Further Education.
The remainder of your time will be spent with your employer, training in Engineering.
NWTC will monitor your Apprenticeship on a regular basis to ensure you achieve the standards required including core skills, knowledge and occupational behaviours in preparation for End point assessment.
Training frameworkEngineering Fitter
NORTH WEST TRAINING COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North West Training Council