Apprentice Medical Receptionist
Penny Lane Surgery
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Receive, assist, and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient, and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures
- Work in accordance of written protocols
- Pulling/filing notes for surgeries and update as necessary
- Filing post in medical records
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Receiving patients consulting with members of Practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address
- Be able to cover all reception positions as necessary
- Process appointment requests for today future appointments from patients by telephone and in person
- Deal with visits requests
- Registrations of new patients – computer data entry and medical records
- Process patients change of address – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of Practice area
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with Practice guidelines
30 hours per week, the practice is open Monday - Friday 8.30am - 6.30pm. Shifts/times TBC.
30 hour per week
11 Jun 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Able to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- Friendly, personable, and reliable
- Hard working and keen to learn
No formal qualifications required.
An excellent insight into working within the NHS and potentially a permanent role at the end of a successful apprenticeship.
About the employer
A GP Medical practice located in a very pleasant residential area of Liverpool, made famous by The Beatles in their song "Penny Lane".
Penny Lane Surgery
- Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Training frameworkBusiness and Administration
ST HELENS CHAMBER LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by St Helens Chamber Limited