Vehicle Parts Apprentice
Based in a local Arnold Clark garage you will assist in all aspects of Vehicle Parts Distribution which will include sourcing and ordering parts, as well as communicating with customers you will be checking supplier standards and maximising business advantage.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
An exciting opportunity for you to become a qualified Parts Person.
You will be based within a parts department, involved in giving customer advice, ordering required parts, components or accessories and updating computer systems. Basic motor vehicle technology will be a part of the course as well as telephone and sales techniques.
Day to day duties will include
- Receiving and dispatching parts in a timely and professional manner
- Dealing with enquiries, internal and external, either face-to-face or over the phone
- Sourcing and pricing parts
- Working with various online systems
- Assisting with stock management
- Liaising with other departments within the company
- Working with a team in a busy environment
Monday - Friday, shifts TBC.
39 hour per week
16 May 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- You must have gained or be working towards GCSE 4-9 or above in maths, English and one other subject (or accredited equivalent)
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn and listen to instructions
- Ability to build good relationships with your team and other departments
- Ability to ask questions and learn quickly on the job
- Willing to use your own initiative
You must have or expect to gain GCSE A-C or Grade 4 or above in English, maths and in any other subject, accredited equivalents will also be accepted.
- Have good people skills
- Confident with others
- Be a quick learner
- Keen to learn and develop within the Automotive industry
In return, you’ll receive extensive training and a qualification which will help you to build a rewarding career in the automotive industry. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including great staff retail discounts, life assurance, private healthcare and preferential rates on new and used cars.
This role would suit someone who is self-motivated, willing to learn and enjoys working with others and delivering a high standard of customer service. A career progression plan can be put in place for those looking to develop the role further.
About the employer
With over 60 years of experience, Arnold Clark is Europe’s largest independently owned, family-run car company. As winner of the sought-after Automotive Management Retailer of the Year award three years running, we are well placed to offer customers not only buying peace of mind but also the best choice and biggest discounts on all new cars, nearly new cars and used cars.
Disabled candidates will generally be offered an interview if you meet the minimum requirements for this vacancy. Contact the employer for full details.
Employers may need to limit the number of interviews offered to both disabled and non-disabled people if they receive high numbers of applications.
The disability confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
As a Level 2 Parts Apprentice at Arnold Clark, you will get valuable experience within our busy parts departments, with the opportunity to put theory into practice in a fast-paced working environment. As well as receiving on-the-job training, you’ll be trained at our in-house Parts Academy and GTG Training and be regularly assessed as you work towards a Level 3 Parts Distribution qualification.
Training frameworkVehicle Parts
GTG TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by GTG Training Limited
0141 406 4868