5750 Components Ltd
Established for over 35 years and now one of the North West’s leading Engineering companies, WEC is looking to recruit enthusiastic Apprentices to join our busy and expanding team at 5750 components based in Knowsley, Liverpool.
Total hours per week
Possible start date
We are looking to recruit Technical Production Apprentices to join our team at 5750 components in Knowsley. Our award winning apprenticeships offer long term career opportunities, and NVQ qualifications.
You will gain:
- Valuable practical experience
- An apprenticeship
- Learn how to understand technical drawings & engineering processes
- Learn how to program, set and operate a laser cutting machine/press brake
- Work on a range of community projects throughout the year such as sculptures, shelters and other charity work
- The successful applicants will take part in all general engineering duties
- Providing support for our technical teams
3 shift rotations 6am - 2pm 2pm - 10pm 10pm - 6am Days TBC by employer at interview.
37 hour per week
16 May 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent, grade C/4 or above including English and maths. Science and Technology is desirable
- Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable
- You must have a clear interest in engineering
- Motivated and committed individual
- Good time keeping
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to learn
- You will need to demonstrate enthusiasm for the role
- You must work well under pressure and take instructions well
- Engineers work in high-tech, dynamic environments using state-of-the-art equipment. They are inventors, designers and problem solvers – people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected
- If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you’ll find engineering has a lot to offer. For the successful candidate there will be the opportunity for progression within the company, leading to possible permanent and secure employment after completing 5 years
About the employer
Established in 1994, 5750 Components have a mandate to provide a prompt, precision CNC laser processing service on a sub-contract basis to the region's industrial manufacturing base. 5750 Components provide services for various industries including environmental, automotive, retail, military, electronics and street architecture.
Housed within two modern factory units, 5750 Components Ltd is conveniently located near the M57 and M62 motorways and the main A580 Liverpool to Manchester 'East Lancashire Road.'
Investment in technology and people has helped us to become one of the top specialist laser cutting sub-contractors within the North West. 5750 Components specialise in laser cutting technology and our ongoing investment in laser cutting equipment and training enables us to constantly review the output achieved, passing cost savings onto our growing customer base.
Unit laser cut components costs can be reduced to a fraction of that typically incurred when employing conventional techniques. The nature of the process readily allows for components to be automatically and dynamically 'nested' together on commercially available sheet sizes. Often, several different parts are contained within a single sheet and items can be manufactured from material actually contained within the boundary of other components.
Our commercial accuracy is better than +/- 0.1mm with a repeatability quoted at +/- 0.013mm. Processing quality can be summarised as follows: working range 4m x 2m, mild steels up to 25mm, stainless steel up to 25mm, aluminium up to 15mm and titanium up to 5mm. For larger laser cutting thicknesses, our sister company Laser Engineering UK in Darwen is now able to laser cut mild steel and stainless steel up to 30mm and aluminium up to 20mm thickness.
To maximise our laser cutting productivity and reduce cutting costs, 5750 Components has recently adopted a 24/7 working pattern, ensuring that our lead times remain very competitive.
Several state-of-the-art flat bed laser processing centres, employing the flying optics principle, are exclusively available at 5750 Components to service customer needs. This equipment allows complete flexibility in two dimensions without the need for expensive tooling.
Our CNC press brakes give us the capacity of 4.27 meters folding length and 220 tonne press capacity. Forming capabilities range from thin sheet to plate. The full CNC eight axis control allows total flexibility in the forming of complex precision parts. This level of control also ensures speed of both setup and manufacture, ensuring our commitment to quick turnaround is maintained.
5750 Components Ltd
Training to follow the Level 2 Improving Operational Performance Apprenticeship Framework
- Performing Engineering Operations apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT if needed
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Training frameworkImproving Operational Performance
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Burnley College