Apprentice Business Administration Assistant
Arven Chemicals Ltd
Due to expansion, an opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to start their career within a busy office environment for a chemical company in Runcorn. You will gain experience in the following areas: processing sales orders, office administration, arranging accommodation and travel for colleagues, invoicing and petty cash
Total hours per week
Possible start date
Main duties will include:
- Reception work
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Processing and filing paperwork
- Booking accommodation and travel
- Processing sales orders
- Credit card and petty cash duties
- Adding e-mail accounts for new employees
- Basic IT duties
Monday - Thursday, 9am-5pm with 40 minute lunch break and 2 x 10 minute breaks; Friday, 9am-2.30pm with 20 minute break.
37.5 hour per week
15 May 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to field customer phone calls in a friendly and professional manner
- Good typing and general IT skills
- Ability and want to learn
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English and maths preferred.
- Good at working within a team and taking instruction
- Friendly demeanour and professional outlook
Possibility of permanent employment.
About the employer
We are a small, family run chemical company. We provide cleaning and maintenance solutions, as well as industrial chemicals, spill equipment and PPE. Started in 1982 on the Golden Triangle Estate in Ditton, Widnes and moved to Runcorn in 1991, first into 12 Goddard road, then in 2014 we moved to 6 Goddard Road as unit 12 was compulsory purchased for the New Bridge.
Arven Chemicals Ltd
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Sage Line 50 training
- Microsoft Office package training (2016, not moving to 365 for the foreseeable future)
- Medical training (first aider course) is offered yearly
College attendance will be required once a fortnight, during term time only at the Riverside College - Kingsway Campus (WA8 7QQ).
Training frameworkBusiness and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riverside College
0151 257 2828